Amakaya Backpackers & Apartments
Welcome to Amakaya Backpackers & Apartments, your ‘home away from home’.
Please visit our Rates/Specials page for our current specials.
We will make your stay as comfortable and as enjoyable as possible and help you with as much information as we can about the local activities and attractions. Here you can exchange experiences with fellow travellers, and keep in touch with family and friends. Enjoy a complimentary self-help mini breakfast, FREE wi-fi and internet facilities and FREE coffee and tea at both Amakaya Backpackers and Amakaya Backpacker Apartments.
Amakaya Backpackers is a clean, friendly and homely place where you can relax after an exhilarating day in the area. We have hot showers (electric and gas), relaxed atmosphere, comfortable beds and a good breakfast on offer. Sip on a drink at our upstairs bar while you relax on the veranda and take in the view of the Tsitsikamma Mountains, the lagoon and the sea.
We are a 300m walk to the shops, restaurants and bars of Plettenberg Bay’s Main Street and 800m from the popular Central Beach(beware of the steep uphill walk back that will certainly build up an appetite!).
For the ‘private’ traveller or those who want some ‘me’ time, our range of double and twin private rooms and 2 sleeper private dorms are just what you need. For those who do not mind sharing we have a selection of standard and en-suite dorms that sleep 4, 6, 8 and 12 guests respectively.
All guests have the use of our fully-equipped kitchen facilities, free tea & coffee, complimentary self-help mini breakfast, free wi-fi, a sitting room to read or watch TV/DVDs and an upstairs bar with outside veranda.
Parking is on the premises and is accessed by an electric gate.
Amakaya Backpacker Apartments – situated 200m from Amakaya Backpackers and 100m from Main Street. Each Apartment has its own entrance, kitchen, bathroom, satellite TV, free Wi-Fi and complimentary self-help mini breakfast.
We offer a variety of accommodation – rooms for a bit of privacy or dorms for those who dont mind sharing.
Our rooms and dorms are named after nearby popular mountain passes.
- Montagu twin room – 2 single beds, valuables safe, built-in cupboards. Choice of 2 shared bathrooms opposite room.
- Kaaimans twin room – 2 single beds, valuables safe, built-in cupboards. Choice of 2 shared bathrooms opposite room.
- Outeniqua en-suite room- double bed and 2 bunk beds. Full bathroom, private balcony, valuables safe, built-in cupboards, satellite TV.
- Baviaans Cabin dorm- 2 bunk beds. Shared bathroom.
- Bloukransdorm – 4 bunk beds, en-suite bathroom, private entrance.
- Meiringspoortdorm – 8 bunk beds, shared bathroom.
- Tradouwdorm – 10 bunk beds, kitchen area, en-suite bathroom, private entrance, satellite TV.
- Homtini Double room – room has a double bed and view of the Tsitsikamma mountains, lagoon and sea. Shared bathroom
Breakfast and braais (BBQs) can be arranged on request.
We are a Baz Bus stop and bookingscentre.