Jukani Wildlife Sanctuary
At Jukani the enclosures were built specifically to suit the animal’s needs and behavior patterns. The animals have been rescued from different situations. It is a forever home for Apex predators such as the Big cats – Lions, Tigers, Jaguars and Leopards as well the sometimes-misunderstood predators like the Spotted Hyena.
On your 1 hour and 20-minute walking tour with one of our entertaining and knowledgeable guides, you’ll find smaller predators such as Pumas, Cheetahs, Honey Badger, Black Backed Jackal, Caracals, Serval as well as some other wildlife species like Zebra and Springbok. Currently 16 species are represented at the Sanctuary.
- The first tour of the day leaves at 9am and the last tour departs at 4pm sharp.
- The sanctuary is open every day of the year including all public and religious holidays
- Your ticket is valid for 1 year as of the date of purchase if not redeemed = (stamped for entrance)
- For example, should you buy a ticket for 2 or more sanctuaries, you may visit one of the sanctuaries on the day (or then a later day) and have a whole year to visit the other(s)
- Entrance to Jukani is a day rate, which means you can spend the whole day at the sanctuary once your entrance has been redeemed (ticket stamped) and go on as many tours as you like
- Persons with disabilities do not pay an entrance fee
- We offer affordable annual sanctuary memberships
- The sanctuary is wheelchair accessible
- Child rates are determined for children between and including the ages of 3 to 12 years old – Children under 3 enter free of charge.
- It is a no touch (Hands off) facility – interaction is not allowed
- You go on a walking tour with and English or Afrikaans speaking guide and will walk for about 1.4km at a leisurely pace stopping at the enclosures for pictures which can be taken from the platforms stationed throughout the sanctuary.
- Dress appropriately for the weather on the day and wear comfortable walking shoes. Bring along a hat, water and sunscreen as you will be outdoors during your time in the sanctuary. We do sell disposable ponchos, should you not have packed a raincoat
- It is an all-weather facility and suitable for all age groups
- There is a restaurant close to reception at the Plett Puzzle Park