Monkeyland Primate Sanctuary
The world’s first free-roaming, multi-species primate sanctuary. Covering an area of 12 hectares of indigenous forest and providing ex-captive primates a healthier, more natural lifestyle. Home to over 550 primates including gibbons, howler monkeys, vervet monkeys, langurs, sakis, capuchins, squirrel monkeys, spider monkeys, ring-tailed lemurs and the critically endangered black and white ruffed lemurs. An Eco-Tourism experience that will stay with you a lifetime.
- Tours start at 8:30am in the morning and there is a tour available every 15 – 20 minutes. The last tour departs strictly at 5pm.
- The Sanctuary is open every day of the year including all public and religious holidays
- Your ticket is valid for 1 year as of the date of purchase if not redeemed = (stamped for entrance)
- For example, should you buy a ticket for 2 or more sanctuaries, you may visit one of the sanctuaries on the day (or then a later day) and have a whole year to visit the other(s)
- Entrance to Monkeyland is a day rate, which means you can spend the whole day at the sanctuary once your entrance has been redeemed (ticket stamped) and go on as many tours as you like
- Persons with disabilities do not pay an entrance fee
- We offer affordable annual sanctuary memberships
- The sanctuary is wheelchair accessible
- Child rates are determined for children between and including the ages of 3 to 12 years old – Children under 3 enter free of charge.
- It is a no touch (Hands off) facility – interaction is not allowed
- You go on a walking tour with and English or Afrikaans speaking guide and will walk for about 1.3km at a leisurely pace stopping for photo opportunities as you walk through the forest.
- German, Spanish & French speaking guides are available if pre-arranged
- Dress appropriately for the weather on the day and wear comfortable walking shoes. Bring along a hat, water sunscreen as you will be outdoors during your time in the sanctuary. We do sell disposable ponchos, should you not have packed a raincoat
- It is an all-weather facility and suitable for all age groups
- There is an outsourced concessionary restaurant at Monkeyland reception – You need not buy a ticket to make use of the restaurant facilities at Monkeyland.