RADICAL RAPTORS is a Bird of Prey rehabilitation and awareness centre that aims at the rescue, rehabilitation and release of injured/problem birds of prey back into the wild. Birds unable to be released are cared for on an ongoing basis and become a crucial part of our awareness program.
We are committed to raising public awareness about the importance and plight of our magnificent Birds of Prey within our environment.
FLYING DISPLAYS – Public Awareness and education through interaction and participation
We have establish an informative and engaging program to involve visitors during our displays.
Our flying displays present a variety of birds unable to be released, which we free fly around and to you as an opportunity learn, interact and photograph them up close, in a natural surrounding.
Each display is approximately 45-60min long and during this time there is opportunity to hold some of them on your ‘gloved’ hand.
DAILY FLYING DISPLAYS
11am, 1pm and 3pm
Please call +27 (0)44 532 7537 or visit www.radicalraptors.co.za for rates.
- No need to book but nice to to get to the centre 10-20 minutes before the show starts.
- We do close on a Monday (except a public or school holiday).
- Entrance to the facility is only for the flying displays.
- Radical Raptors are on call 24/7 to rescue raptors in distress
- We are registered as a NPC (non-profit company RADICAL RAPTOR NPC 2012/031021/08. Our funding is derived from entrance fees, donations and sponsorship