Join us in Plettenberg Bay (Nov 25 & 26, 2017), for the Plett Wine & Bubbly Festival.
Ready to book your Plett Wine Weekend now? The fourth annual weekend-long festival dedicated to MCC and other boutique wines is coming in November! To a sun-drenched and sparkling coastal location: Central Beach in Plettenberg Bay. Brought to you by the Bitou Municipality and Plett Tourism.
Enjoy more than 30 different wines from 9 local producers in Plett. Eat local and drink local, and drink local bubblies. Great news for food and wine lovers along the Garden Route and beyond. A fantastic Plett experience with the gorgeous Indian Ocean as your backdrop. Upscale, entertaining, educational, with a touch of class; this is a weekend not to miss!
Saturday starts with the main event, a showcase of more than 30 local wines to try with artisan cheeses, charcuterie, breads, savouries and oysters alongside local musicians. As the sun starts to set and the crowd shuffles in, the drinks will be bubbly and the music will be hot. Sunday is a repeat of the main event, but with the introduction of a wine theatre featuring popular industry speakers for those with a different kind of thirst. Sunday is complete with jazzy local tunes, sun drenched beach vibes and a final ending at sundown for a chilled early night.
Wear something sexy, like a smile. Experience the blue skies, chin-chin and make seaside memories.
Saturday, 25 November: 12h00 – 20h00
Sunday, 26 November: 12h00 – 18h00
Weekend Pass: R350.00
Wine Theatre: R20.00 (only valid with a Sunday ticket or Weekend Pass)
What your ticket includes:
• Complimentary tasting flute
• Complimentary tasting from each wine estate
• R20 discount on a bottle purchase
Dress Code: Sparkle in Blue & White
Saturday 25th November
- 12h45 – 13h00 : Welcome speeches and event Sabrage Open Ceremony
- 13h00 – 15h00 : DJ Jazztrain
- 15h30 – 16h30 : Rumour Has It
- 17h00 : BEST DRESSED AND DANCING QUEENS
- 17h30 – 18h30 : Kevin Floyd Project
- 19h00 – 20H00 : Charlie Finch
Sunday 26th November
- 12h00 – 14h00 : DJ Jazztrain
- 14h30 – 15h30 : Breez’n
- 16h00 : BEST DRESSED AND DANCING QUEENS
- 16h30 – 18h00 : Gerald Clarke
Participating wine farms
Bitou Vineyards, Bramon Wine Estate, Kay & Monty Vineyards, Lodestone Wine & Olives, Luka Wines, Newstead Lund Family Vineyards, Packwood Country Estate, Plettenvale Wines, That Wine Demesne
This year’s Plett Wine Theatre line-up includes:
- 13h30 Pieter ‘Mr Bubbles’ Ferreira | The geography of wine (30 minutes) – An introduction to the Geographical differences and the wines (bubbles) of Plettenberg Bay. Format: wine tasting with 3 select Plett Sauvignon Blancs in comparison to 3 select Western Cape Sauvignon Blancs.
- 14h30 Peter ‘Pee Bee’ Bishop | The empirical tasting assessment of successive vintages of Plettenberg Bay Sauvignon blanc (20 minutes) – Exploring the successive vintages of Sauvignon Blanc – find out about the basics as well as some amazing facts that make this area ideal for the cultivar. Format: presentation only.
- 15h30 Pieter ‘Mr Bubbles’ Ferreira | The geography of wine (20 minutes) – Styles emerging from the category Cap Classique. Format: presentation only.
Sign up for our WEEKLY SIPS NEWSLETTER for regular updates and exciting news about the festival.
Photos & Video
Take a look at photos from the 2016 festival here and watch the video of the 2016 Sasfin Plett Wine and Bubbly Festival below: