At 19h00 On Saturday the 10th of January, 2015, the Van Plettenberg Historical Society will be holding an auction of historical and cultural interest at The White House in Plettenberg Bay in order to raise funds for three major purposes:
- For the normal running costs (including transport and accommodation subsidies) for our six speakers in January, March, May, July, September, and November 2015 = R10,000.00;
- To upgrade our existing website (www.pletthistory.org,) including the capture and posting of more talks = R15,000.00; and
- To conduct an audit of all buildings and sites of historical importance in the Bitou Municipality, from The Crags to Harkerville, as well as the commissioning and installation of VPHS descriptive plaques = R50,000.00.
- Marike Prinsloo-Rowe has donated one of her delightful winged angel sculptures, valued at R15,000. See http://www.mariekeprinsloo-rowe.com/gallery/victory-angel/
- We also have an ORIGINAL title deed signed by Baron Joachim Van Plettenberg in 1772;
- and we also have a few lower priced items, such as an 1896 Cape Argus with a report on the Jameson Raid; an Apollo mission souvenir album, and so forth.
- Further donations of an historical nature will also be welcome.
CONTACT: Mike Kantey 072 628 5131 or firstname.lastname@example.org