Published: October 21st, 2015
If you thought The Plett Trail was just about hiking, think again.
Here are our top 5 reasons to experience The Plett Trail for yourself…
- Ancient Wonders: walk through archaeological sites and caves dating back over 160 000 years and learn from experts about the cultures, tools and animals that roamed this grassland before the Ice Age.
- Historical Cultures: experience the culture and music of the Kranshoek Griquas – one of the largest Griqua populations in South Africa and home to the Griqua National Heritage Monument.
- Diverse Ecology & Birdlife: enjoy one of South Africa’s most unique soundscapes, home to 50% of South Africa’s endemics and just over 300 species of bird, including a number of sought after waders, migrants and pelagics.
- Boutique Wine Farms: complete your full sensory experience by tasting some of the 200 000 bottles of wine and bubbly produced yearly, by boutique wine farms in the area.
- Luxury Traditional Lodges: enjoy a well-deserved rest at the end of the day at one of Plett’s finest lodges.