Do you want to hold an event in Plett?
The event approval process is handled by the Bitou Municipality Economic Development Department. The officer for Bitou Tourism is Dumisane Mnweba (firstname.lastname@example.org).
It is, however, very important that Plett Tourism receives your initial application so that your event can be placed onto the calendar
and your marketing information can be included on our website, newsletters and other social media channels.
Please follow this procedure:
1. Submit Event Application forms 1 and 2 (below) to Plett Tourism on email@example.com.
2. PT will then issue a letter of support, copying yourselves and the Bitou tourism office.
3. From that point, all your approval document submissions and meetings will be direct with Dumisane and his team.
- Click here for an event marketing information form
- Click here for an event application form
- Click here for CAPENATURE’s form for official use of Tourism Facilities
- Click here for a population certificate application form
- Click here for a drone operation application form
Once you have completed the necessary documents, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Criteria for evaluation of events in Plett:
- Will your event attract people from outside of Plett to come to town?
- Does your event have potential to grow to an annual self sustaining event in the long term?
- Does your event fall outside of peak season?
- Does your event offer high value with low impact on Plett’s resources?
- Does your event offer media value which will generate publicity for Plett?
- Does your event include the Plett name?
If you feel your event complies with these criteria, please download and complete the relevant documents above to apply for approval of your event.