Bayside Lodge™ is a four star graded Bed & Breakfast which is perfectly positioned in a quiet residential area of Plettenberg Bay with a beautiful garden and a lovely swimming pool. It is just 300m (a 3minute walk) to Robberg 5 blue flag beach and there is a wide choice of restaurants within walking distance. Four suites accommodate up to 10 guests and the range of configurations suits families and couple alike.
Since taking over Bayside in March 2014, live-in owners Bernie and Adrienne have created a friendly atmosphere which is both warm and elegant. Their knowledge and experience of top end lodges in Zambia and Botswana are put to good use and the two rescue Daschunds enjoy their hosting role too. Personal attention and exceeding expectations are the hallmarks of this popular lodge ranked in the top 4 Bed & Breakfasts on Trip Advisor.
The three suites upstairs in the main house include Honeysuckle King or Twin which has a Jacuzzi spa bath and shower in the en suite bathroom. Harmony King or Twin is our biggest suite with its own sitting room and divan bed with a dressing room leading to the en suite bathroom with a shower. Sunkissed family suite offers two bedrooms and one adjoining bathroom with shower and bath – perfect for a family or singles travelling together. The rooms have beautiful bay windows overlooking the garden.
Finch Cottage is located in the garden near the swimming pool just 50m from the main building and it offers a small kitchen/sitting room with a divan be as well as it’s own patio and barbecue. We do accept children under 8 in Finch Cottage and it can be booked on a self catering basis.
All suites have flat screen televisions with the hotel DSTV satellite bouquet, small fridges, tea/coffee making facilities, cookies, carafes of sherry, bathrobes, bathroom amenities, electronic safes, overhead silent fans, under-carpet heating, electric blankets, snack baskets and mini bars.
Bayside is located in a quiet residential area called Seaside Longships with easy access (a 3 minute walk) to Robberg beach. It is a 5 minute drive to Robberg Nature Reserve or 5 minutes to the centre of town. A reliable taxi service is available as well as guides for various activities. Tsitsikamma/Storms River mouth is 1 hour from Plett, Knysna is just 30 minutes, the wildlife sanctuaries in the Crags is 30 minutes and Nature’s Valley is a spectacular 45 minute drive.
FOOD & DRINK
Breakfast is served downstairs in the main house dining room and offers a wide variety of options to cater for all tastes and dietary requirements. A buffet continental breakfast includes cheese and cold meats, Bircher muesli, croissants and muffins as well as the usual fruit, yoghurt, cereals and juice. There is a menu for the cooked breakfast and our two most popular dishes are Eggs Benedict and pancakes. There are at least 20 varieties of tea as well as filter and espresso coffee on offer. Packed breakfasts are available by prior arrangement for guests departing early.
Most guests enjoy the walk along Robberg beach to superb restaurants for dinner. There is a choice of three local restaurants which are only a 6-12minute walk from Bayside – the menus are included in the guest welcome folders.
FACILITIES & ACTIVITIES
- Nestled in a secluded corner of the garden is a sparkling salt water swimming pool with umbrellas and six comfortable pool loungers. The well-established garden is a tranquil place to relax and watch the great variety of birds visiting the bird feeders and bird baths.
- Bayside’s comfortable double volume guest lounge with a fireplace is perfect for relaxing and browsing through brochure racks or activity folders. There is a large flat screen television with full DSTV satellite channels and DVD player, a library as well as board games and a writing desk. Sundowners are enjoyed at the bar or on the large patio, which also has a barbecue for guests to use.
- There is off street parking for all our guests inside our electric gate and the property is monitored by CCTV. We provide a reasonably priced 24 hour laundry service as well as beach bags, towels, chairs, umbrellas, boogy boards and picnic and barbecue sets. We offer complimentary 20mbps uncapped wifi throughout the lodge – this includes Finch Cottage which has its own router.
- We recommend a 3 or 4 night stay in order to enjoy the beaches, Robberg Nature Reserve, the Plett wine route and the various animal, bird and primate sanctuaries at The Crags. Day trips combining Knysna and Sedgefield or Natures Valley, Tsitsikamma and Storms River are also a must.
- Welcome briefings are given on arrival and guests are offered maps, brochures and discount vouchers for various activities and bookings are made at recommended restaurants.