Where luxury and peace are to be found in a sweeping river valley, where the views encompass a wetland, winding river and distant mountains and where the call of the Fish Eagle will forever remind you of the vast skies of Africa.
Embracing the southern bank of the Bitou River, Emily Moon River Lodge is an exclusive boutique Guest Lodge with accommodation for 20 adults and 4 children.
Each luxurious suite is a separate lodge for 2 people with their own sitting area, private viewing deck, dressing room and spacious fully appointed bathroom with under floor and towel rail heating.
The family units sleep four with a shower, toilet and hand basin in the children’s room. All have their own unique Africa chic look with breathtaking views of the valley below. There are 3 units that can be either king size beds or convert into two singles for those with this preference.
There are two lodges which do not have full river views but have their own Robinson Crusoe private viewing tree top deck right next to the lodge where one can commune with nature, have sundowners, early morning coffee or just read a book – the view from these is magnificent .
These two lodges can be made into a family room for six as there is a fully sound proof door between them which can be opened for the occasion of a family of six Four of the lodges have a completely private alfresco shower hot and cold where one can enjoy the river birdlife.
The stylish elegance and ambience of Emily’s, the luxury and comfort of the rooms, the peace and tranquillity of the surroundings as well as the welcoming personal service of the Emily Moon hosts makes this one of South Africa’s most select and magical destination.
“This proves that a little cunning and a lot of passion are the essential ingredients when putting together one of the most original guest houses on the planet.”
– Sleeps four. Luxury king-size upstairs with en-suite bathroom and a downstairs with twin single beds and an en-suite bathroom. River views.
Room 10 (Garden Suite)
– Sleeps four. Luxury king-size with en-suite bathroom and a separate bedroom with twin single beds, also en-suite. Garden views only.
Room9 (Garden Suite)
– Has an inter-leading door to room 10 which can convert 9 & 10 into an extra-large family unit which can sleep a family of six altogether.
– Can also be a normal Luxury king-size or twin unit (convertible)if the door is closed. Bathroom en-suite. Garden views only.
Standard Luxury king-size units:
Room 1, 4, 5, 8
– Sleeps two. King- size beds only. En-suite bathrooms. River views.
Convertible Luxury king-size/twin units
Room 2, 3, 6
– Sleeps two. King-size beds or twin single beds. En-suite bathrooms. River views.
Room 8 & 3
– Luxury king-size units. More spacious than the other units. Larger balcony’s and outside showers. River views.