A very warm welcome to you, horse enthusiast… You are about to discover a breed of horse so versatile, strong, beautiful and with a fantastic temperament to boot.
But more than these sought-after traits, the Nooitgedacht is famed for its incredibly soft nature and intelligence. They are known to be “mense-liewend” translated as “people loving”. Their affinity for people cannot be over emphasized.
Although we are primarily a Stud farm, we invite you to browse through our website where you will hopefully become more familiar with the Nooitgedacht (sometimes called Nooties), a truly rare breed…
Why not start here…
The outrides here at the farm, boasts wonderful forestry. We form part of the Harkerville forest.
- 30min: An amble through the fijnbosch doing some deer spotting
- 1hr: Little more excitement, where there will be more trotting and maybe a little canter.
- 1,5 hrs: We wonder a little deeper into the forest
- 2hrs: We take a walk along the cliffs where you are able to see the Indian Ocean, and from August – November you might be lucky to see the whales
- 4hr: Red Riding hood ride – this is where you get lost in the forest. Where you end up at the heads of the cliffs, where you can just take in the splendor of creation.
About the Riding School
The Riding School has been running from January 2011. We started this venture to create more lesson opportunities for our Module 5 students. We have had a great response and already have a few permanent riders.
We are very fortunate that the riding school is on the Fijnbosch Nooitgedacht Stud Farm, which gives us the opportunity to make use of these wonderfully temperamented horses, suitable for nervous beginners to adventurous experienced riders.
The riding school gives a broad spectrum of lessons, from dressage to showjumping and even eventing. We offer group and individual lessons from 8 years and up.
Group lesson: R100 (1hr lesson)
Individual lesson: R130.00 (45min lesson)