The Garden Route Surf Academy is a locally owned and operated School based in Plettenberg Bay in the heart of the magestic Garden Route, South Africa’s number one holiday destination.
The Academy consists of Jamin Surf School which offers tuition to both a local and visiting market and a social upliftment project which focuses on introducing local street children to the world of surfing and in so doing get them back into an education program and hopefully offer them new and exciting prospects for their future. For more info check out our developement page.
Our instructors are not only fanatical surfers, but our passion for surfing means that we all take great pleasure in succeeding in our efforts to get you, the student up and riding and discovering the joys of harnessing some of nature’s energy and the ensuing magic carpet ride as you glide down the open face and onto the natural high that keeps us coming back for more.
- 2hour group lesson = R200 instruction + Equipment R150 = R350
- 2hour individual lesson = R300 instruction + Equipment R150 = R450
- 3 lessons (over 2 or 3 days) R 900 (including equipment hire)
- 5 lessons (over 3 days) R1400 (including equipment hire)
- 7 lessons (over 5 days) R1800 (including equipment hire)