Published: October 1st, 2021
South Africa has been placed on an ADJUSTED ALERT LEVEL 1 from Friday 01 October 2021.
What does this mean?
- Public places like restaurants and bars may serve alcohol but not during curfew hours.
- Restaurants and bars must close by 11pm.
- Wearing a mask in public is still mandatory.
- Curfew is now from 12 am to 4 am.
- Social distancing must be observed by maintaining 1.5m between people.
- Gatherings are restricted to a maximum of 750 people indoors and 2,000 people outdoors, and to a max of 50% of venue capacity.