Published: September 11th, 2019
Patty Butterworth, our Travel and Trade Manager at Plett Tourism, recently meet with the Garden Route representative from Booking.com who shared some industry insight on the Garden Route area, and in particular some interesting news about Plettenberg Bay and the properties listed with Booking.com.
- Overall for the year to date, Plett has seen the most growth along the Garden Route in comparison to other towns. Plett has seen a steady growth of both property listings and bookings. The Garden Route areas in comparison are towns between Nature’s Valley and Mossel Bay.
- Compared to June – August 2018 stats, Plett stats are even for 2019. There was a slight increase in bookings between January – May 2019.
- The property listings for Plett have grown from 380 properties to 438 properties in a matter of 30 days. This is good news as the more properties listed in a particular area, the better the exposure.
- Booking.com refers to Plett as the ‘greater central Plett area’ until Harkerville. Wittedrift, Keurboomstrand, the Crags and Nature’s Valley each have their own category listing and are not included as part of Plett. This is purely for booking category reasons.
- Search trends: this is the manner in which guests are searching for properties. For the Garden Route area, Plett is 1st, Knysna 2nd and Mossel Bay 3rd.
- Plett Tourism will be coordinating a Booking.com workshop in October this year. Venue and times, etc. TBC. Sign up to our Business Mailer below to be alerted.
- According to Booking.com research, now is a good time to be marketing to the Israel guests. The Garden Route towns should also be marketing to the Uruguay, Peruvian, Brazilian and Argentinian markets for next year.
Remember to sign up to our Business Mailer below for more tourism related news sent directly to your mailbox.