Covid Guidelines for guests arriving at your accommodation establishments
Notice for Plett accommodation establishments:
Plett Tourism has attended meetings and consulted with the regional and provincial authorities on Covid protocols for guests arriving at your accommodation establishments.
Here are the guidelines gleaned from all of the engagements, and endorsed by the Western Cape Health Department. The foremost message from the health officials is to be calm and exercise common sense. If handled well, risk and anxiety can be minimised.
ALL GUESTS MUST WEAR MASKS, WASH THEIR HANDS AND WATCH THEIR SOCIAL DISTANCE WHILE RESIDENT IN YOUR ESTABLISHMENT.
STEP BY STEP PROCESS FOR SCREENING / ISOLATING / TESTING / QUARANTINE
- A verbal SCREENING FOR SYMPTOMS is required when your guests arrive. (see the list of symptoms further down this email). As advised recently by the health minister, it is no longer necessary to take their temperature.
Should the guests show any symptoms they must ISOLATE PRIOR TO TESTING. The same procedure will be followed if your guests present symptoms DURING their stay.
- Here are the 3 options for ISOLATION:
- They can check-in to (or remain in) your establishment with no contact, following the distancing, masking and sanitising protocols, if your establishment is suitable. They would need to isolate in their room.
- Alternately they can check into one of the Q&I (quarantine and isolation) establishments in Plett (see the list on this page).
- OR go into isolation at PetroSA in Mossel Bay. (The contact team (reached via the hotline below) will offer the public Q&I site as an option for the traveler and arrange the Red Dot taxi service which will transport them to Mossel Bay, if this option is selected).
- Contact the toll-free hotline to ARRANGE FOR TESTING. Or phone a GP for a telephonic consultation and referral to Pathcare who will then set up a time for testing with the guest. Do not go to the doctor’s surgery.
Provincial coronavirus hotline 021 928 4102 / 080 928 4102 (toll free).The guest will be asked a few questions and guided by the hotline on the next steps i.e.
- where to go and test (see the list on this page)
- the arrangement for the Red Dot taxi service to Mossel Bay public Q&I, if required.
- they will receive their results via the contact number they provide (The results from a Pathcare test will be communicated in the same way, and the Health Authority will be advised of a positive test)
- If tested positive, the options for QUARANTINE AND ISOLATION are as follows:
- They may choose to go into quarantine at your accommodation establishment if you agree, if the facility is suitable for isolation, and the accommodation is available for the quarantine period. This would be easily accommodated in a self-catering holiday rental for example, as opposed to a hotel.
- Go into isolation at PetroSA (The contact team will offer the public Q&I site as an option for the traveler and arrange the Red Dot taxi service).
- They can opt for their own paid Q&I establishment in Plett as per the list on this page.
- If travelling by car, they may choose to travel home, safely and with no contact, and isolate and quarantine at home.
Most common symptoms:
fever, dry cough, tiredness
Less common symptoms:
aches and pains, sore throat, diarrhoea, conjunctivitis, headache, loss of taste or smell, a rash on skin, or discolouration of fingers or toes
difficulty breathing or shortness of breath, chest pain or pressure
QUARATINE AND ISOLATION ACCOMMODATION IN PLETT
African Array Lodge
Matthew and Vicky
073 133 9872
5 self-catering units available
eBhayana Self Catering
076 788 9599
It’s a 5 bedroom house (10 sleeper)
Capricorn Beach House
082 923 7107
Moon Shine on Whiskey Creek
6 private self-catering cottages
113 on Robberg – Bed & Breakfast
Peter & Rene
044 533 5301
083 252 25 63
We wish you all a good season under the present circumstances. Please don’t hesitate to phone me if you have any queries, and we will do our best to assist.
084 521 1876