Wittedrift Birding Festival – R375 for 3 days of birding action!
Dates: 29th Oct – 1st Nov 2020
Time: 06h30 – 17h00
Tickets: For more information click here.
- 4 guided destinations
- Self-guided destinations
- Bird ringing
- Regional SABAP2 bird count
- Evening in conversation with the experts
Come and stay at one of Wittedrift’s beautiful lodges and chalets at very special Festival rates. All guests booking accommodation on the Wittedrift Way website will receive 50% discount on the Festival price.
The Birds of Wittedrift Need You!
- Day 1 Bird netting and ringing – help Nature’s Valley Trust net, measure and ring the birds on the banks of the Bitou River
- Day 2 Bird count day – Join BirdLife Plett for a day-long birdcount and contribute to the SA Bird Atlas Project. An evening with the experts. Enjoy sundowners and snacks and an in-depth lecture and discussion with local experts on the birds of Wittedrift and their habitat
- Day 3 – Guided birdwatching with BirdLife Plett to Nature’s Valley Forest or Robberg.
Across the 3-day Festival
Many destinations – self-guided or with a local guide, where you can see the bold, beautiful and rare birds of the area – Knysna turaco, Knysna warbler, Narina trogon, Karoo prinia, Cape longclaw, whimbrel, Knysna woodpecker are some.
Wittedrift is home to more than 193 species of migrant and resident birds in wetland, fynbos, grassland and forest areas.