Published: September 13th, 2021
South Africa has been placed on an ADJUSTED ALERT LEVEL 2 from Monday 13 September 2021.
What does this mean?
- Public places like restaurants and bars may now serve alcohol with meals, subject to strict covid protocols.
- Wearing a mask in public is still mandatory.
- Alcohol on Friday: Sales from retail outlets are permitted Monday to Friday from 10am to 6pm.
- No alcohol may be consumed at licensed establishments after 10pm.
- Curfew is now from 11 pm to 4 am.
- Social distancing must be observed by maintaining 1.5m between people.
- Gatherings are restricted to a maximum of 250 people indoors and 500 people outdoors, and to a max of 50% of venue capacity.