Published: July 25th, 2021
South Africa has been placed on an ALERT LEVEL 3 from Monday 26 July 2021.
What does this mean?
- Public places like restaurants and bars may now serve alcohol with meals, subject to strict covid protocols.
- Schools will re-open on 26 July 2021.
- Wearing a mask in public is still mandatory.
- Alcohol sales are permitted Monday to Thursday from 10am to 6pm.
- Curfew is now from 10 pm to 4 am.
- Social distancing must be observed by maintaining 1.5m between people.
- Restrictions on travel in and out of Gauteng for leisure have been lifted.
- Funerals are restricted to a maximum of 50 people. Night vigils and post-funeral gatherings are not permitted.
- Gatherings are restricted to a maximum of 50 people indoors and 100 people outdoors, and to a max of 50% of venue capacity.