PLETT TOURISM MEMBERSHIP
Tourism continues to be a driver of growth for the Plettenberg Bay economy. While the current outlook for tourism throughout the area is positive, we still have a few challenges that we need to address to ensure our town is well supported with the right policy in place.
We need strong policy, at municipal and regional level, to facilitate the allocation and distribution of funding and resources to grow local tourism, build a sustainable community and support our town to thrive.
Plett Tourism (PT) is the local body representing the needs of Plettenberg Bay Tourism. PT is a membership-based organisation bringing together stakeholders, local council, and industry to deliver best practice solutions to local tourism development.
PT was formed in 2013 and it consists of directors that are elected by local tourism industry members, local municipality, and appointed stakeholder representatives. The Board works closely with Chief Executive Officer, Patty Butterworth, managing the operation of PT and implementing the strategic plan.
DESTINATION MARKETING PRIORITIES & PLANNED OBJECTIVE
The Destination Marketing Plan is focused on supporting objectives and key priorities.
- Raise the profile of local tourism and its issues and opportunities to relevant forums
- Provide communication to members on matters relating to local and regional tourism
- Process enquiries regarding local and regional tourism
- Provide input into development of policy plans and programmes that impact local and regional tourism
The objective is to increase visitation to pre-pandemic numbers, to increase domestic and international visitors, and grow average spend across all markets. Priority tourism projects for the area that have the potential to deliver the strongest collaborative outcomes, include:
- Priority Project 1: Plett Beaches and viewpoints
- Priority Project 2: Plett Trails network – Trails invigoration
- Priority Project 3: Plett Trails network – MTB
- Priority Project 4: Township Tourism growth
- Priority Project 5: Wine, food and Agri-tourism
- Priority Project 6: Culture, heritage and arts
- Priority Project 7: Digital Excellence
PLETT TOURISM PAID MEMBERSHIP STRUCTURE (2022-23)
TIER 2 PARTNER
Local bona-fide tourism businesses in Plett
Local bona-fide tourism businesses in Plettenberg Bay