Published: June 27th, 2021
Due to the massive surge of new infections, South Africa will be placed on ADJUSTED ALERT LEVEL 4 from Monday 28 June 2021.
What does this mean?
- Wearing a mask in public is mandatory.
- Alcohol sales are prohibited to ease the pressure on hospitals from alcohol-related trauma cases.
- Curfew is from 9 pm to 4 am.
- Social distancing must be observed by maintaining 1.5m between people.
- Travel in and out of Gauteng for leisure is prohibited.
- Funerals are restricted to a maximum of 50 people. Night vigils and post-funeral gatherings are not permitted.
- All social, political, religious and other gatherings are prohibited.
- Public places like restaurants and bars may only serve take-aways or deliveries.
- Employees should be allowed to work from home where possible.
- Schools will close early for winter break, starting from Wed 30 June.