In place of the usual fireworks display in Plett, the groundbreaking first laser show on Plett’s Central Beach drew a lot of support from local animal rights activists, fire protection services and the public in general.
The show, supported by Bitou Municipality, was sponsored by the Grand Africa Lookout Beach and organised by Plett Tourism board member Marius Venter.
The move has gained much support from activists around the country, with many news websites reporting favourably on it:
- Eye Witness News: Plettenberg bay venue cans nye fireworks display
- SABC News: Plettenberg Bay replaces fireworks with laser show
- Cape Town Etc: Plett replaces NYE fireworks with laser show
- SA People: Plettenberg Bay Replaces Fireworks with Laser Show on New Year’s Eve
- Citizen: Plettenberg Bay laser-focused on eradicating fireworks
HAPPY NEW YEAR from Plett Tourism! Cheers to a brand new decade! The vibe last night at our first laser show was awesome! Many thanks to Bitou Municipality, Grand Africa Lookout Beach and the Beacon Island Resort.