Published: July 12th, 2021
South Africa has been placed on an ADJUSTED ALERT LEVEL 4 from Monday 12 July 2021.
What does this mean?
- Public places like restaurants and bars may open and serve meals again subject to strict covid protocols.
- Schools will remain closed until 26 July 2021.
- Wearing a mask in public is still mandatory.
- Alcohol sales are still prohibited to ease the pressure on hospitals from alcohol-related trauma cases.
- Curfew is still from 9 pm to 4 am.
- Social distancing must be observed by maintaining 1.5m between people.
- Travel in and out of Gauteng for leisure is prohibited.
- Funerals are restricted to a maximum of 50 people. Night vigils and post-funeral gatherings are not permitted.
- All social, political, religious and other gatherings are prohibited.
- Employees should be allowed to work from home where possible.
- Agricultural livestock and game auctions are permitted subject to conditions laid out in the regulations.