Tsitsikamma Canopy Tours
Birdlife is abundant (including Knysna Loeries and the elusive Narina Trogan), and your guides will explain the ecology of the lush primeval forest. Safety is paramount, and the system has been built to the highest civil engineering standards. Guides are fully-trained professionals.
- Duration: About 2½ to 3 hours.
- Cost: R565.00 +R30 concession and permit fees(subject to change) = R595 p.p., including light refreshments & Guides
- Bookings essential / Subject to availability
- Tours conducted in all weather conditions, but can be cancelled in the interest of safety.
- Ages from 7 years to 70 years.
- Maximum numbers 200 pax per day (Max 8 pax per group)
- Maximum Weight Limit: 120kg / Pregnant ladies not allowed to take part in excursion.
- Tours are conducted in all weather conditions, but can be cancelled in the interest of safety.
- Capture your experience on DVD!!! R160.00 per activity – ±15-20 minutes’ video footage and ±120 downloadable still photos.
Journey with us down the old Stormsriver Pass, and experience the indigenous forest from the comfort of a specially-designed vehicle. Follow the elephant trail, passing yellowwoods and stinkwoods, while hearing about the history of the area and the indigenous flora and fauna. Enjoy a delicious lunch or tea at a beautiful picnic site next to the Stormsriver, where wagons outspanned more than a century ago.
- Departure times: Morning Tea: 08H30, Lunch: 11H30, Afternoon Tea: 14H30
- Cost: Tea trip R300.00 p.p. Minimum of 4 pax
- Cost: Lunch Trip R400.00 p.p. Minimum of 4 pax
- Kids 3 and younger are free
- Kids aged 4 – 8 years old pay 50%
- Duration: 2½ to 3 hours
- Tours are conducted in all weather conditions, but can be cancelled in the interest of safety
- Bookings essential
- (All ages) / Subject to availability
Bookings essential / Subject to availability
Minimum 4 pax
Qualified FGASA Field guides provide an informative experience of forest ecology and bird life.
ROUTE 1 – Goesa Hiking Trail – 2km
Duration +- 1hr
R150.00 per person – including hiking snack pack/mineral water
Discover the secrets of the spectacular Tsitsikamma Indigenous forest. As you enter the forest you will encounter Hard Pear trees, Giant Yellow Woods and other interesting Forest Flora. Stand next to a giant Outeniqua Yellow wood and feel like a dwarf against this unique creation. You will encounter beautiful Tree Ferns hundreds of years old.
The walk starts and ends at the Stormsriver Adventure Centre in Storms River Village. For most of the way this short walk (2km) traverses through our five star forests.
Plaatbos Nature Hikes (fully guided):
ROUTE 2 - Green route: 5.09km
Duration: 1-2 hours
R200.00 per person – including hiking snack pack/mineral water
ROUTE 3 - Red route: 7.78km
Duration: 2-2½ hours
R250.00 per person – including hiking snack pack
ROUTE 4 – Yellow route 8.09km
Duration: 3 hours
R300.00 per person – including hiking snack pack
ROUTE 5 - Combined red & yellow route: 11.2km
R350.00 per person – including hiking snack pack
The Tsitsikamma indigenous forest takes you back to a time where the forest was “home” to hunter gatherers and their existence in the forests. Discover how the forest lives and breathe the sounds of birds like the Knysna Loerie and Green Wood hoopoes. You will be amazed!!
The hikes traverse through indigenous forests classified as wet, medium moist and dry High Forest. Four routes have been laid out and been color-coded with yellow (8.09km), red (7.78km) and green (5.09km) footprints giving a choice of walking distances. The routes start at the Stormsriver Adventure Centre in the Storms River Village. On the yellow route you can have a picnic and swim in the Storm river at the Old Bridge picnic site. The hikes are relatively easy and an average of 3km/h can indicate the time needed to complete the various routes.
- Winner AHI/Old Mutual SMME Enterprise of the Year
- Imvelo Awards – Finalist Best Social Involvement Programme
- Imvelo Awards – Highly Commended – Most Empowered Tourism Business
- Fair Trade in Tourism Certified Establishment