Do you want to hold an event in Plett?
The event approval process is handled by the Bitou Municipality Economic Development Department. The manager for the department is Lesley Jacobs, firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is, however, very important that Plett Tourism receives your initial application so that your event can be placed onto the event marketing calendar and your marketing information can be included on our website, newsletters and other social media channels.
Please follow this procedure:
1. Submit your Event Application on the link below.
2. Plett Tourism will then issue a letter of support, copying yourselves and the Bitou Municipality Tourism Office.
3. From that point, all your approval document submissions and meetings will be direct with Lesley Jacobs (LED manager) and his team.
Criteria for evaluation of events in Plett:
- Will your event attract people from outside of Plett to come to town?
- Does your event have potential to grow to an annual self sustaining event in the long term?
- Does your event fall outside of peak season?
- Does your event offer high value with low impact on Plett’s resources?
- Does your event offer media value which will generate publicity for Plett?
- Does your event include the Plett name?
If you feel your event complies with these criteria, please download and complete the relevant document above to apply for approval of your event.